Learning a New Programming Language Improves Your Understanding of the Language(s) you Already Know

This is one of those things that people more knowledgeable then you will tell you all the time, but you only realize it after you experience for yourself. I my case, I've been learned JavaScript for almost a year now, and while I did dabble in PHP a bit, I never went deep into PHP, I learned just a few little practical things, PHP is easy to start since simplest hosting solutions all support PHP. I just needed PHP for simple server side stuff, like templates, a few edits to WordPress themese etc. 



That being said my true second language I'm seriously devoting time and effort to learn is C#.  The reason I went with C# is that the company where I work for uses Microsoft stack (.NET MVC, ASP.NET) for it's websites,  which all require knowledge of C#. Since I'm more in favor of practical then theoretical knowledge, learning C#, from my point of view, will allow me to gain deeper insight on how the system works in the company I work for, at the moment as a QA tester.


Similarities I've been able to notice between JavaScript and C#  have been really "clicking" for me.  Learning about variables in C# finally made it crystal clear why TypeScript was the whole thing about dynamically typed vs statically type languages and declaring the type of variables. Just like JavaScript, C# also have functions, methods and classes (JavaScript didn't have classes till ES in 2015). The last I covered was iteration (loops) in C# for loops and while loops look pretty much the same as their counterparts in JavaScript. Perhaps one of the most important takeaways was that now I why improvements in JavaScript brought by ES6, ES7, ES8,  etc. are useful and make more sense now.
Thanks for taking the time to read!






Comments

  1. I like reading the above article because it clearly explains everything and is both entertaining and effective. Thank you for your time and consideration, and best of luck with your future articles.

    Data Engineering Services 

    Machine Learning Services

    Data Analytics Solutions

    Data Modernization Solutions

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

10 Tips for Designing Better Test Cases

TestRigor - Review

How to Pass AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam