Safetbeg.com - website completed

Art portfolio website that I started making a few months ago ( for a high school friend) SafetBeg.com has been signed of by the client and completed! Since I'm more of a developer and design is not really my forte, he purchased a theme and I while at first glance it thought there would not be much to do I ended up customizing the theme heavily, I made couple of versions of the site and cleaned up a lot of redundant/unnecessary code.  I kept the landing page very minimalist and simple:


And both the my friend (AKA client) and I were pleased and it looks even better on mobile:


The About page I also kept very simple with just a short biography paragraph:


The Contact page I modified heavily, it had Google Map API integrated and since client did not need that or the contact form I remove those and kept going with the minimalism here as well.

Under the Works menu item I added several portfolio items as sub-menus.
Bururet paintings, where I used Bootstrap and Lightbox:



For the Bosnian Roma works section I kept part of the original template since it had 15 photos, I set them up as bootstrap thumbnails and Lightbox for viewing the images in their full size. 


And form the last part of the works section - Awakening I also used Lightbox with a simple 2x6 bootstrap grid with thumbnails.


I had some strange issues such as images changing their resolution after compressing them (if I tried to replicate the issue I doubt I could pull it off) but I figured it out and fixed them.  To improve the performance and to make sure the page is secure, I used CloudFlare to make use of content delivery network, gzip compression minification and SSL. And I got pretty nice results: 



Thanks for stopping by!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Tips for Designing Better Test Cases

TestRigor - Review

How to Pass AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam