My First Talk at the Free Code Camp Campsite

Recently I gave my first speech at meetup for a local Free Code Camp group here in Academy 387 in  Sarajevo.  I talked about things that worked for me in getting started with freelancing on Upwork. 
Free Code Camp Sarajevo
Free Code Camp - Sarajevo
It was an interesting experience for me - doing something for the first time usually is. Originally I prepared a presentation that had 15-16 slides and I anticipated that if I talk about a minute for each slide that whole speech would be somewhere between 15 to 20 minutes long. 

Presentation by Hadžiavdić Sakib on Functional Programming
I asked Sakib aka Sake to go first with his presentation because I was just a bit nervous since it was my first meetup talk. He gave a really interesting overview on functional programming paradigm, with focus on Scala.
Le me starting my talk on How to Get Started on Upwork
All the anxiety went away as soon as I started presenting, the talk lasted a bit longer then I expected, as I kept talking and talking. Afterwards the campers had a few pretty interesting questions, it was really nice to see that lot of people are taking interest in freelancing and in coding in general. 

I'm the fat guy with the beard
Before presenting, asking someone to pretend to be your audience so you can practice is perhaps the most important part of preparation, at least it was for me. Also, another important thing is to put memes in your presentation slides and place the strategically, memes are the key to everything...


The best part about the whole thing was that warm feeling of giving something of value back to the community and I can't wait to do it again! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

10 Tips for Designing Better Test Cases

TestRigor - Review

How to Pass AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Certification Exam